Beth Fish Reads is hosting this fun challenge and it’s my first time joining! Here’s the link to the sign-up page.
Between January 1 and December 31, 2013, read one book in each of the following categories (my ideas in blue):
- A book with up or down (or equivalent) in the title: Hand Me Down World (Lloyd Jones), Under Heaven(Guy Gavriel Kay)
- A book with something you’d find in your kitchen in the title: The Price of Salt (Patricia Highsmith), The Cookbook Collector (Allegra Goodman)
- A book with a party or celebration in the title: The Shooting Party (Isabel Colgate), Larry’s Party (Carol Shields)
- A book with fire (or equivalent) in the title: Enna Burning (Shannon Hale), The Bonfire of the Vanities (Tom Wolfe), The Moon and the Bonfire (Cesare Pavese)
- A book with an emotion in the title: The Pleasure Seekers (Tishani Doshi), Comfort and Joy (India Knight). Read: The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg
- A book with lost or found (or equivalent) in the title: Lost Souls (Poppy Z Brite), What was Lost (Catherine O’Flynn)
Gosh that was fun! I’m tempted to go look up the previous challenges just to make more lists!
I’m sure I’ll be coming across other books with titles to fit these categories. And I’m looking forward to spotting them.
Which challenges do you have your eye on for 2013?