BBAW Day 3 – Bloggers made me read these


What have you read and loved because of a fellow blogger?

Oh. So very many books! I don’t even know where to begin. In fact, I would say that 75% of the books that I add to my TBR list these days come from book blogger recommendations. The other 25% includes other sources like publishers’ newsletters or simply when I’m wandering around libraries or bookstores and spot something interesting.


Buried in Print has introduced me to so many Canadian authors – unfortunately, a lot of them aren’t available at my library! Barbara Gowdy’s The White Bone is one of those that I did find – and adored!

JoV at Bibliojunkie introduced me to Keigo Higashino’s The Devotion of Suspect X

I picked up Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero after reading Andi’s post. Andi has also introduced me to lots of new comics!

Eva (now blogging at The Charm of It) was the person who introduced me to the awesome NK Jemisin.
I wouldn’t have heard of Zen Cho, Bitch Planet, Ms Marvel, if it weren’t for all you lovely book bloggers out there!
I know I owe thanks to far more than these few, I really need to keep better track of whose blog I get recommendations from, but it’s harder nowadays because I follow so many great blogs (River City Reading; Sarah’s Book ShelvesLiterary Lindsey etc)

Oh and I have added so many books to my list from people I follow on Instagram (I’m at olduvaireads if you are!).



  1. How about a topic “Blogs I follow because other Bloggers recommend them”? Oh, right, that’s one of the goals of BBAW, isn’t it? So I have subscribed to Buried in Print.


  2. I couldn’t participate in today’s prompt because of some other commitments, but when I think about it – I believe 90% of the books I pick are based on recommendations. So you see, it is a long list. ๐Ÿ™‚


  3. How very true! Most of the books I have read were discovered here. And, I am going to find you on Instagram too. ๐Ÿ™‚


  4. The Devotion of Suspect X – I bought this one a long time ago and have never read it. I need to pull it out where I can see it. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚


  5. I’m planning to read The White Bone next month! I’ve had it on my bookshelves for several years. I follow Buried in Print but I must have missed her rec for this book as this is the first time I’ve seen another book blogger mention it.


  6. Thanks for the mention! Hope you are well. Glad you are still reading, the Devotion of Suspect X is still a moving read for me. ๐Ÿ™‚


Comments are closed.