All About Books You Read Because of Recommendation — Ten Books I’ve Read Because Of Another Blogger (Or Book Person) or Ten Books I Read On Recommendation From People Outside Of This Community or you could talk about recommendations of books you read from other sources — a magazine, a podcast, a “because you read this” algorithm.
I’m going to talk about where I get my book recommendations from, instead of specific books!
- Read Diverse Books for great diverse reads, especially with his recent Latin X Heritage month posts!
- If You Can Read This for diverse reads with a focus on female writers. She’s running a Diverse Detectives Month too!
- BookDragon, which is run by the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center – “books for the multi-culti reader”
- I pretty much get all my CanLit suggestions from Buried in Print!
- Pickle Me This for CanLit and great kids books
- Earl Grey Editing for speculative fiction
- Bookriot – especially those lists of 100 books that they randomly do for various topics
- Lit Hub – lots of great interviews and features
- The Millions – always a good read
I like browsing my library’s shelves especially their themed picks. Last month it was music books and there I found Pitch Perfect, the book that inspired the movie. Unfortunately, the book fell a bit short of my expectations.
Real life friends
Sometimes the people I’ve known in real life are the ones that kick me to read books that have been on my TBR list for ages. Like The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, which one of my friends mentioned a few months ago in a WhatsApp conversation!
Where do you get your book recommendations from?