This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is:
Reasons Why I Love Reading
- It’s a cheap way to travel. And especially in these times where I’m not sure about being on an airplane right now, I get to travel the world in books
- It helps me go to sleep. I sometimes watch some Netflix or other streaming stuff before bed but the last thing I do before turning out the light is to read.
- It lets me see the world from different perspectives. That’s why I’m glad that we are able to read from more diverse writers in recent years.
- An appreciation for the written word. When you read that sentence or paragraph that moves you, that makes you reread it to just appreciate how it’s written!
- It stimulates your imagination. This especially applies to speculative fiction and how writers work on world-building. But it begins right from childhood, and how imaginative and creative some picture book writers and illustrators are.
- Knowledge. I don’t often read nonfiction, but when I do, there’s so many interesting and new information that just comes pouring though those books.
- It’s entertaining. Books can be funny, exciting, scary, thrilling, and all that’s happening is that you’re reading words.
- It helps reduce your risk of dementia. Yes, that’s some years away, but it’s always a good reason to read.
- Because plenty of times, the book is better than the movie/TV series.
- It’s a good workout for the brain!